If you’ve lost a loved one in a fatal accident, your grief can feel overwhelming. You’re also confused about what happened, who’s responsible, and what your rights are under the law. That’s where Houston wrongful death lawyer Kevin Krist can help.
As a seasoned personal injury attorney with extensive experience in wrongful death cases, Houston attorney Kevin Krist can provide crucial advice about your case and what you need to do to protect your family’s financial security.
About Texas Wrongful Death Claims
It’s an unfortunate reality that catastrophic accidents happen almost every day somewhere in Texas. By their very nature, these serious accidents too often result in the deaths of those involved, as well as the deaths of innocent bystanders. Common examples of serious accidents and other causes that can give rise to wrongful death claims include, to name just a few:
- High-speed motor vehicle accidents
- Wrecks involving heavy trucks, buses, and railroad trains
- Airline and general aviation airplane crashes
- Industrial accidents at factories
- Chemical leaks and explosions at refineries
- Falls and crush accidents at construction sites
- All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
When these and other fatal accidents happen because of someone’s wrongful conduct or negligence, the Texas Wrongful Death Act allows certain family members to recover compensation for the death of their loved one. A spouse, child, or parent of the person killed can bring a wrongful-death suit in order to obtain compensation for their loss and hold responsible the person or company who caused their loved one’s death.
Compensation available for the wrongful death of a family member can include:
- Loss of the deceased family member’s earning capacity
- Loss of the deceased family member’s care, maintenance, support, advice, counsel and services
- Funeral expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship and society
- Exemplary damages, if the wrongful death was caused by someone else’s willful conduct or gross negligence
Contact Houston Wrongful Death Lawyer Kevin Krist Today
Kevin Krist has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for wrongful death plaintiffs in Texas. If you think you have a wrongful death claim after the tragic loss of a loved one, contact Kevin Krist today to talk about your case.
Whether you’re in Houston, Harris County, Pasadena, Katy, Baytown, Sugar Land, Conroe, League City, or elsewhere in southeast Texas, Kevin Krist can schedule a free consultation about your case. Simply call the Law Office of Kevin Krist at 713-284-1660, or use the firm’s online form. Kevin Krist represents personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no fees unless he recovers compensation on your claim.
Let Kevin Krist explain how he can put his personal, proven experience to work for you and your family.