Houston car and truck accident lawyer Kevin Krist understands that a serious wreck means far more than twisted metal. A devastating crash is a personal tragedy that changes your life forever. That’s why it’s crucial to have an experienced, aggressive personal injury attorney on your side. The right attorney can provide critical advice after your serious accident and help protect your family’s financial security for the years ahead.
Contact The Law Office of Kevin Krist Today For Help With Your Houston Accident Claim
Injury attorney Kevin Krist has successfully obtained recoveries for hundreds of personal injury victims throughout southeast Texas, including Houston, Pasadena, Katy, Baytown, and League City. He’s ready to do the same for you.
Simply call 713-588-0821, or use the firm’s online form, to contact the Law Office of Kevin Krist today for a free consultation about your case. You’ll hear back from Mr. Krist within 24 hours.
Texas Auto Accident Lawyer: Personal Representation – Proven Success
All too often, “personal injury” attorneys refer their catastrophic accident clients to different law firms, where their cases are handled by other lawyers. Or, a personal injury firm may take on a new serious injury client, only to assign the client’s case to a less-experienced associate attorney at the firm.
Not Kevin Krist. If you hire Kevin Krist as your personal injury attorney, you can be assured that he will be the lead attorney on your case from start to finish. Kevin Krist provides personal representation to every injury client he represents.
Mr. Krist is ready to put his skills and experience to work on your case today.
About Serious Texas Car and Truck Accidents
Over 82,000 people suffered serious injury, and more than 3,000 were killed, in Texas motor vehicle accidents in 2010. Those are huge numbers, and yet each one reflects an individual, a person whose life was lost or fundamentally damaged. The trauma and suffering from serious truck and car accidents extends to victims’ families, as well.
In almost all cases, horrific traffic accidents don’t simply “happen.” They result from someone’s negligence, which means they shouldn’t have happened at all.
Common causes of serious Texas traffic accidents that maim and kill crash victims include:
- Distracted driving – The increasing popularity of hi-tech devices means more drivers fail to focus on the critical task of driving safely. Talking or texting on cell phones, operating DVD players and navigation systems, and using in-car information systems are just some of the ways that drivers can let their attention stray.
- Driving while impaired - Alcohol and drugs can seriously impair any driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely. And “drugs” doesn’t refer just to illegal drugs. Over-the-counter and prescription medicines can have serious side effects. In 2010, a driver was under the influence of alcohol in more than a third of the motor vehicle accidents in Texas in which someone died.
- Reckless driving – Drivers in a hurry take chances, whether by running lights, failing to yield the right of way, or lashing out with “road rage.” The results are tragic when others suffer serious injury or death.
- Defective vehicles, tires, or other parts – Cars and trucks, and their tires and other components, can all have defects in the way they were designed or manufactured. Those defects can cause catastrophic accidents, such as when faulty tires blow out at highway speeds.
Additional problems more common to the trucking industry also can result in devastating traffic accidents. Texas drivers and passengers are at particular risk, as Texas highways support large numbers of trucks bringing goods to and from Mexico and other parts of the country under the North American Free Trade Agreement. Trucking industry risks can include:
- Driver fatigue – Trucking companies are facing a shortage of qualified over-the-road drivers as demand for freight shipping continues to increase. That means many drivers are under pressure to stay behind the wheel more often, and longer than they should, even if regulations say they should be resting before their next shift.
- Driving too fast – Trucking companies make money by getting freight shipped and keeping trucks on the road. Drivers need to get their loads delivered so new loads can be on their way, creating an ever-present demand to finish a route fast.
- Equipment failures – Repairs and maintenance cost money and keep trucks off the road. Some freight companies may cut corners to minimize costs, but they put everyone on the road at risk of devastating accidents when 80,000-pound big rigs suffer brake or other component failures.
- Drug use – Truck drivers need to be rested and alert, but that’s impossible when they take prescription or over-the-counter drugs with serious side effects like drowsiness, vision problems, or agitation. Even legal drugs can make driving unsafe, creating a recipe for disaster when big rigs are involved.
Kevin Krist Is Ready To Help After Your Serious Motor Vehicle Accident
Victims of serious motor vehicle accidents in Texas, along with their families, may be entitled to recover substantial damages, such as:
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish
- Medical costs
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Disfigurement and permanent impairment
- Exemplary damages.
If your spouse, child or parent was killed in serious motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to wrongful death damages, which can include:
- Loss of the deceased family member’s earning capacity
- Loss of the deceased family member’s care, maintenance, support, advice, counsel and services
- Funeral expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship and society
- Exemplary damages, if the wrongful death was caused by someone else’s willful conduct or gross negligence
Kevin Krist has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for serious vehicle accident victims and families in Texas. Talk with him about your case to find out how he can help you and your family.
Contact Houston Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Kevin Krist Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic accident in southeast Texas, including Houston, Harris County, Pasadena, Katy, Baytown, Sugar Land, Conroe, or League City, contact Kevin Krist today for a free consultation about your case.
Simply call the Law Office of Kevin Krist at 713-588-0821, or use the firm’s online form. Let Kevin Krist explain how he can put his personal, proven experience to work for you, so you can get the compensation you deserve as a Texas accident victim. Kevin Krist represents personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no fees unless he recovers compensation on your claim.