It’s an unfortunate fact that many thousands of Americans are seriously injured or even killed every year while using manufactured products. It’s inevitable that some product-related accidents will happen – after all, we live in a world where we enjoy the benefits of being surrounded by all manner of manufactured goods that meet our needs.
Too often, though, the manufactured items we take for granted can be terribly harmful if they are defectively designed or manufactured, or if the manufacturer doesn’t warn us about the product’s dangers. When that happens and someone gets seriously hurt, the manufacturer needs to be held accountable, and the injured victim needs to be compensated.
That’s where Houston defective products lawyer Kevin Krist can help.
What You Need In a Texas Products Liability Attorney: Personal Representation – Proven Success
All too often, “personal injury” attorneys that advertise heavily on the television or the internet refer their catastrophic accident clients to different law firms, where their cases are handled by other lawyers. Or, a personal injury firm may take on a new serious injury client, only to assign the client’s case to a less-experienced associate attorney at the firm.
Not Kevin Krist. If you hire Kevin Krist as your personal injury attorney, you can be assured that he will be the lead attorney on your case from start to finish. We provide personal representation to every injury client we represent.
What does that mean for you as the victim of a personal injury caused by a defective product? It means you’ll be represented by one of the most experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys in Texas – one who will personally take on your case and see it through, ensuring your rights are protected at every stage.
About Defective and Dangerous Product Lawsuits In Texas
Product manufacturers and sellers usually don’t intend to injure people who use what they sell. But that doesn’t keep some manufacturers from putting defective, dangerous products on the market. Sometimes companies make poor decisions, assuming that by cutting corners in their product design or safety testing they will save money and generate more profits. Sometimes they rush a product to market before it’s ready. And sometimes they just make mistakes that they don’t catch before their product is in use.
Those sorts of lapses by manufacturers and sellers give rise to products liability lawsuits when someone – a product consumer, end user, or innocent bystander – gets seriously injured or killed.
Product lawsuits typically fall into three main categories based on how a particular product is defective and dangerous:
- Defective design – These products are defective and dangerous by virtue of their very design, without regard to how they were manufactured and sold. The Texas Products Liability Act requires that someone hurt by the product prove that there was a safer alternative design and that the defect in the product caused the person’s injury.
- Manufacturing defects – A defectively manufactured product is one that left the factory without being constructed the way it was supposed to be. In most cases, if the product were put together as intended it would be less dangerous. Defects in manufacturing can range from problems with the specific parts used in a product to the way in which it was assembled with proper parts.
- Marketing defects – Products can be defective if the manufacturer or a seller involved in the product’s marketing fails to warn, or adequately warn, about the product’s dangers, or fails to instruct, or adequately instruct, about the product’s use. Many of these defects arise in cases involving products that are inherently dangerous but nonetheless useful. Examples could include power tools like chainsaws, lawn mowers, and table saws.
In Texas, persons injured by defective products may be able to sue the manufacturer and other responsible parties for negligence and strict liability. In most cases the injured person must bring suit within two years after the person knew, or should have known, about the injury.
While almost any type of manufactured item can give rise to a products liability lawsuit, some categories of goods are commonly involved:
- Childcare products, such as cribs, strollers, car seats and play equipment
- Motor vehicles of all types, including cars, trucks, and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Medical devices, including implants
- Power tools and construction materials
- Household appliances
If You’ve Been Injured By A Defective And Dangerous Product
Victims of defective and dangerous products in Texas, along with their families, may be entitled to recover substantial damages for pain and suffering, medical bills and lost wages.
Products liability lawsuits can be complex. For the best chance of success and recovering maximum compensation, it’s important to rely on an experienced serious injury attorney with a proven record of getting results for clients. Across southeast Texas, that means Kevin Krist.
Contact Houston Products Liability Attorney Kevin Krist Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a products liability injury in southeast Texas, including Houston, Harris County, Pasadena, Katy, Baytown, Sugar Land, Conroe, or League City, contact Kevin Krist today for a free consultation about your case. Mr. Krist will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Simply call the Law Office of Kevin Krist at 713-284-1660, or use the firm’s online form. Let Kevin Krist explain how he can put his personal, proven experience to work for you.
Kevin Krist represents personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no fees unless he recovers compensation on your claim.